While open source technologies have seen widespread adoption over the last two decades, there is no denying the huge market share that proprietary (closed source) software commands in the enterprise. The largest software vendors like Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, SAP, and VMware have a variety of products that are market leaders in their respective technology categories. More crucially, enterprise software vendors have constantly re-invented their product portfolios to address both traditional and emerging use cases.
How do digital operations teams keep tabs on the performance of commercial enterprise apps without relying on a multitude of tools? OpsRamp offers agent-based, agentless and webhook approaches to manage a wide range of popular enterprise applications. The OpsRamp platform monitors application health, processes, files, and logs so that IT practitioners can ensure continuous availability and reliable performance for widely-used enterprise applications.
Managing Business-Critical Applications Without Hassle
Enterprise applications are the linchpin for modern organizational workflows. OpsRamp combines cross-tier visibility with analytical insights so that enterprises can proactively detect issues, restore services, and minimize IT outages for business-critical applications.
Let u’s take a look at how you can monitor the performance of popular commercial apps with OpsRamp’s battle-tested monitoring templates:
- Microsoft Active Directory. Active Directory is a collection of directory services for managing users, resources, and privileges on a network. IT administrators can maintain the health of their Active Directory environments with performance metrics that track the health of AD domain services, identify replication errors, and check the status of domain controllers. OpsRamp can also immediately notify users when there are availability, replication, and service issues across their Active Directory services.
Figure 1 - Optimize your Active Directory environments with OpsRamp.
- Microsoft Exchange. Microsoft Exchange is one of the most widely used email and calendaring tools. OpsRamp lets administrators monitor their corporate email with event logs and performance metrics for critical Exchange infrastructure like Client Access Server, Hub Transport Server, Mailbox Servers, Mailbox Servers Replication, and Unified Messaging Servers. IT operations teams can ensure the smooth flow of email traffic, avoid email delays, and preempt storage capacity issues for mail servers with real-time performance diagnostics for all components of Exchange.
Figure 2 - Gain real-time insights for Microsoft Exchange email service.
- Oracle Database. The Oracle database is the industry’s leading relational database management system. The OpsRamp agent collects performance metrics for tablespaces, transactions and sessions, buffers and cache, and response time so that enterprises can detect performance bottlenecks and execute corrective measures. IT teams can gain unified insights into Oracle database performance with real-time and historical analysis, just-in-time alerts, and comprehensive dashboards.
Figure 3 - Improve application availability with enhanced Oracle database monitoring.
- Microsoft SQL. SQL Server is Microsoft’s flagship relational database management system, currently ranked the third-most-popular database system by DB-Engines. OpsRamp captures database health metrics and event logs for performance counters, resource pools, buffer caches, indexes, and failed jobs. Database administrators can ensure their SQL database is running at peak performance by tracking database growth, resource consumption, query structure, and missing indexes.
Figure 4 - Ensure the performance and resilience of the SQL Server database with OpsRamp.
- Read our coverage of the Top ITOps news of 2019.
- Learn more about OpsRamp service-centric AIOps for proactive IT operations.
- Read about Virtualization Monitoring with OpsRamp.