|“OpsRamp has taken the chaos out of our infrastructure.”
- Mathew Campbell, Vice President, Infrastructure Delivery, Epsilon.
We've built OpsRamp for IT operations teams in the midst of managing complexity. Sometimes that complexity comes in the form of moving traditional workloads to the cloud. Sometimes it’s the pain of managing routine tasks across a huge global footprint. And sometimes, like in the case of our customer Epsilon, it’s a combination.
Epsilon manages marketing programs for Fortune 500 clients across the world - sometimes on their clients’ infrastructure, and sometimes using their own. To tackle this herculean task, the company has an operations team called Shared Technology Services (STS). STS handles monitoring, management, and maintenance of enterprise-wide IT assets, and more importantly, the business-critical services they underlie. Epsilon's IT infrastructure assets and services sit across datacenter (server, storage, network, virtualization, and container) and multi-cloud (AWS, Azure) workloads. STS used a mix of IT operations tools from different vendors like CA Service Desk for service management, SolarWinds for monitoring, and Windows Server Update Services for patching.
Keeping Chaos Under Control
Epsilon came to OpsRamp with a single goal in mind: simplify their IT operations. They implemented OpsRamp as a scalable platform for discovery, service intelligence (including monitoring and management), and automation across their global locations. Here are the key OpsRamp platform features that helped Epsilon scale their global operations:
- Hybrid Visibility for a unified view of all IT assets across their different locations.
- Monitoring Automation for consistent and scalable IT management.
- Patching Scale for more efficient patch rollouts and compliance.
Remediation Automation for agile incident response and reduced mean time to recovery.
How We Delivered
STS saw benefits from deploying OpsRamp almost immediately, including:
- Significant Reduction in time spent on routine tasks like patch management.
- Increased Business Transparency through role-based dashboards built for both business and IT stakeholders.
- Digital Operations Command Center through multi-tenant management, tool integrations, and service discovery.
The biggest result? OpsRamp has transformed the way that STS serves its business units and drives the management of customer marketing programs. STS now serves the business as a revenue engine and a center of innovation. And in the words of Matthew Campbell, Vice President, Infrastructure Delivery, Epsilon:
“OpsRamp is helping STS provide the right levels of visibility into its service operations. This new, improved “command center” has transformed the value of IT to the business, and positioned us as a true service provider.”
Thanks, Matt. We couldn’t have said it better ourselves.
Are you ready to drive the same value for your business? Schedule your own custom demo of OpsRamp today!
- Read the entire Epsilon case study.
- Drive unified visibility across your whole organization in two days or less.
- Discover the power of Unified Service Discovery.