In my previous post, I discussed the need for multi-cloud adoption and the differences between the three major cloud providers. In this post, I’ll address how the OpsRamp platform integrates with AWS, Azure, and Google to provide a Digital Operations Command Center for the modern, multi-cloud enterprise.
AWS + OpsRamp: Reduce Friction and Optimize Cloud Consumption
With 52% of the worldwide cloud infrastructure market share, AWS is the leading destination for most enterprise workloads today. Our AWS integrations let you discover and manage the health and performance of your cloud-native services in a single place. Here are a few important highlights of our AWS management capabilities:
- Ease of Onboarding. Drive rapid onboarding by allowing data collection for “IAM with AssumeRole” option through AWS Security Token Service.
- Service Availability. Access the most current information on AWS service availability through CloudWatch APIs as well as RSS feed subscriptions from AWS Service Health Dashboard. You'll receive immediate notifications on the availability of your cloud services across different regions and availability zones.
- System-Wide Visibility. View relevant performance metrics for your AWS services with our CloudWatch integration. You can also stream CloudWatch alarms by setting relevant thresholds in the AWS console.
- Comprehensive Management. Automatically push agents to cloud virtual machines for patch management and in-depth OS monitoring with role-based dashboards.
- Cloud Database Monitoring. Directly monitor cloud database engines such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Amazon Aurora, MariaDB, and Oracle in RDS. A follow-up post will provide a deep-dive on our database monitoring capabilities.
- On-Demand Cloud Management. Stream CloudTrail events for dynamic discovery so that you can track the creation and deletion of cloud instances in real-time. If you use AWS Auto Scaling policies, OpsRamp can discover or remove virtual machines to accurately reflect the current inventory in your AWS environments.
- Real-Time Alerting. Configure Simple Notification Service (SNS) topics and send them to a Simple Queue Service (SQS) for proactive alert management in OpsRamp.
Figure 1. Discover and monitor your AWS services with our AWS Discovery profiles.
Figure 2. Performance dashboards deliver visibility and control for your different AWS services.
For AWS, be sure to read the post: AWS CloudWatch + OpsRamp: Real-Time Performance Insights For Cloud-Native Services. Here are our currently supported AWS resource integrations (we’re constantly expanding support for new AWS services):
|AWS Resource||Availability||Performance Metrics|
|Application Load Balancer||Yes||Yes|
|Classic Load Balancer||Yes||Yes|
|Elastic Block Storage||N/A||Yes|
|Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)||Yes||Yes|
|EC2 Auto Scaling||N/A||Yes|
|Elastic Container Service||N/A||Yes|
|Key Management Service||N/A||N/A|
|Kinesis Data Firehose||Yes||Yes|
|Network Load Balancer||Yes||Yes|
|Relational Database Service||Yes||Yes|
|Simple Storage Service (S3)||Yes||Yes|
|Simple Notification Service||N/A||Yes|
|Simple Queue Service||N/A||Yes|
|Virtual Private Cloud||Yes||N/A|
|Web Application Firewall||N/A||Yes|
Azure + OpsRamp: Actionable Insights For Hyperscale Management
With 13% of the worldwide IaaS market share, Microsoft Azure is the second largest cloud provider and a natural consideration for most Microsoft-focused IT teams. OpsRamp delivers the broadest coverage for Azure cloud services across compute, storage, network, database, web, containers, analytics, AI, and integration services:
- Service Health. Support both Azure Resource Manager (ARM) and classic deployment models in OpsRamp. For classic resources (virtual machines, storage accounts, and virtual networks) not yet migrated to ARM, OpsRamp delivers instant visibility with performance data once you set up diagnostics in the Azure portal.
- Operational Intelligence. Collect host-level metrics for ARM-based virtual machines and virtual machine scale sets without any setup. You can also access guest-OS level metrics with diagnostics turned on.
- Cloud Optimization. Automatically deploy agents for patch management and support Azure alarms through an email plugin.
- Database Performance Monitoring. Manage cloud databases natively with in-depth performance monitoring for Azure databases for MySQL, SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
Be sure to check out the OpsRamp for Microsoft Azure datasheet. Here are our Azure-specific integrations:
|Azure Resource||Availability||Performance Metrics|
|App Service – Multi Role Pools||N/A||Yes|
|App Service – Website Slots||N/A||Yes|
|App Service – Worker Pools||N/A||Yes|
|Database for MySQL||N/A||Yes|
|Database for PostgreSQL||N/A||Yes|
|Content Delivery Network (CDN)||Yes||N/A|
|Customer Insights Hub||N/A||Yes|
|Data Lake Analytics||Yes||Yes|
|Data Lake Storage||Yes||Yes|
|IoT Device Provisioning Service||N/A||Yes|
|Devices IoT Hub||N/A||Yes|
|Event Hubs namespaces||Yes||Yes|
|Public IP Addresses||N/A||Yes|
|Virtual Machine Scale Sets||N/A||Yes|
Google Cloud Platform + AWS: Operational Efficiencies For Cloud Management
With 3% of the worldwide public cloud market share, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is well-known for its strengths in machine learning, big data analytics, and cloud orchestration. OpsRamp delivers a broad range of integrations for GCP compute, storage, network, database, container, analytics, and management services. We also integrate with Stackdriver for infrastructure monitoring and intelligent alerting.
|GCP Resource||Availability||Performance Metrics|
|Compute Engine – Virtual Machine Instances||Yes||Yes|
|Storage – Buckets||N/A||Yes|
|Networking – Cloud VPN||N/A||Yes|
|Networking – Cloud Router||N/A||Yes|
|Networking – Cloud Load Balancing||N/A||Yes|
|Big Data – Cloud Topic||N/A||Yes|
|Big Data – Cloud Subscription||N/A||Yes|
|Machine Learning Engine – Version||Yes||Yes|
|Machine Learning Engine – Job||Yes||Yes|
|BigQuery – Datasets||N/A||Yes|
|BigQuery – Table||N/A||Yes|
|Dataproc – Cluster||Yes||N/A|
- Read the previous post in this series, Multi-Cloud Management: Embracing The New Normal For Digital Operations Management.
- Stay on top of your AWS Auto Scaling Workloads with OpsRamp.
- Schedule a custom demonstration with our solution consultant today.