OpsRamp offers different options to manage user identity, including built-in user management, SAML, and OAuth2 based authentication, and third-party authentication services. The OpsRamp Okta integration enables secure user authentication and seamless access without having to remember multiple passwords or re-enter login details.
The OpsRamp Okta certified integration ensures that users only need to enter a single set of credentials for one-click access to enterprise applications and infrastructure. With Single Sign-On (SSO), users are less likely to reuse passwords or employ poor password practices. The Okta SSO integration ensures that the right people have the right level of access at the right time to OpsRamp’s digital operations command center.
Configuring the OpsRamp Okta Integration
You can access OpsRamp in the Okta Integration Network which features 6,000+ pre-integrated cloud apps. As an Okta verified application, you can directly download OpsRamp from the Okta App Store.
Here are the steps needed for setting up the Okta SSO integration:
- After logging into the Okta App Store, search for the OpsRamp app and click on Add.
- Provide the subdomain name for configuring the Okta integration in OpsRamp.
- Wait for the status to change to Active.
- Access the detailed documentation for configuring the Okta Single Sign-On through SAML 2.0 for OpsRamp.
- Verify the successful configuration of the Okta integration under the Integrations tab in OpsRamp.
Integration Architecture: SSO Integration with SAML
OpsRamp supports Service Provider (SP-initiated SSO) and Identity Provider (IdP-initiated SSO) authentication for Okta:
Service Provider Authentication Architecture. In this scenario, OpsRamp acts as a Service Provider that enables end-user authentication via an identity provider. Typically, service providers do not authenticate users but instead request authentication decisions from an identity provider. Service providers rely on identity providers to assert user identity based on the user attributes managed by the identity provider.
- Identity Provider Authentication. In this case, Okta acts as an Identity Provider that vouches for the identity of a user. Okta directly authenticates the user (by validating user credentials) and provides an authentication token to the service provider. The identity provider frees the service provider from the responsibility of managing user identities.
- Check out OpsRamp’s integrations ecosystem for managing hybrid, multi-cloud, and cloud native environments.
- Follow OpsRamp on Twitter and LinkedIn for real-time updates and news from the world of IT operations.
- Schedule a custom demo with an OpsRamp solution expert.