To little surprise, online spending in the U.S. has grown 40% since the onset of quarantines in March. A similar trend has played out in other countries: in the UK, online retail spending reached a record high of 30% of total sales in April, according to the Office of National Statistics. If there was ever a solid reason to invest in technologies and people to improve customer experiences (both online and offline) it’s Covid-19.
Users will run from websites that don’t offer quick load times, fast response, seamless search, and checkout processes—and into the arms of a competitor that does it better. Digital customer experience is something that we’ve been thinking about a lot at OpsRamp, in the weeks leading up to the Summer 2020 release of our modern ITOM platform. The OpsRamp Summer Release delivers new capabilities for synthetic monitoring, multi-cloud monitoring, and AIOps so that IT teams can deliver digital experiences that truly serve the needs of their customers, employees, and partners.
The OpsRamp Summer Release delivers new capabilities for synthetic monitoring, multi-cloud monitoring, and AIOps so that IT teams can deliver digital experiences that truly serve the needs of their customers, employees, and partners.
- Synthetic monitoring. Synthetic performance monitoring creates simulated transactions to mimic how a typical user might interact with your web application. This can tell you if important processes, such as form submissions or loading the order page, work as expected. Synthetic tests resolve user performance issues across multi-step transactions and link transactional performance with key business metrics.
This release improves digital experience monitoring with transaction latency breakdown for better insights into which transactional steps cause greater latency and user dissatisfaction, HTTP response header logging for web content performance insights, and customizable transaction steps that align transactional steps with human-readable names for more informed troubleshooting.
Drive better user interactions across complex transactions with synthetic monitoring.
- Multi-Cloud monitoring. Many surveys have shown that organizations will make more cloud investments as a practical and strategic response to Covid-19 economic and workforce realities. TechRepublic reported on a recent survey that found that more than 82% of CIOs have expanded cloud usage since the onset of the pandemic. In a survey OpsRamp conducted in April, IT directors cited public and multi-cloud infrastructure as one of their top priorities for 2020.
Understanding the criticality of keeping these different cloud environments working smoothly and not interrupting business productivity, we added 22 new cloud monitoring integrations for Amazon Web Services (AWS). Those new services include AppStream, Cognito, EventBridge, GuardDuty, Lex, OpsWorks, and SageMaker. Altogether, OpsRamp offers more than 140 integrations across AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
Maximize multi-cloud availability and performance with OpsRamp’s monitoring integrations for 140+ cloud services
- New artificial intelligence for IT operations (AIOps) capabilities. Intelligent automation is the future of IT—and the need for tools that can combine efficiency with speed has been particularly valuable during the transition to massive remote work. Here’s what’s new in OpsRamp:
- Alert Sequencing Explainer and Alert Sequence Policy Status. AIOps has an air of mystery to it which can obfuscate adoption. Alert sequencing explainers provide visual flow animations to explain how the machine learning algorithms work while alert sequence policy status lets operators visually determine the machine learning stage for their event management policies. These developments relate to the real demand for explainable AI from incident management and DevOps teams.
- Syslog Event Ingestion. Site reliability engineers can centrally define and manage rules for parsing Syslog events and triggering alerts in OpsRamp. IT teams can dynamically configure Syslog parsing rules and reduce alert noise with OpsRamp’s event deduplication.
- New Alert Integrations. OpsRamp now offers out-of-the-box alert integrations for AppDynamics, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager, Sumo Logic, and Sysdig, adding to the platform’s existing integration ecosystem.
Build trust and confidence in machine learning models for event and incident management with alert sequencing visualizations
- Check out our What’s New page for highlights of the Summer 2020 Release.
- Learn more about the OpsRamp platform for modern ITOM.
- Schedule a custom demo with an OpsRamp solution expert.