Even as IT apps and services roll out at record pace, the business still expects that IT operations will be the first to know and first to respond to service outages.
An enterprise command center is a shared IT offering that delivers situational awareness of IT services, across multiple teams and on-premise infrastructure, private clouds, and dynamic public cloud resources. The command center seamlessly manages IT operations capabilities to aggregate and correlate availability and performance events, make sense of them, and coordinate response.
The command center addresses proactive and reactive issues in your IT operations and provides information to application and tower based infrastructure teams for any issue. The command center provides visibility and control across all the IT infrastructure that you manage. Here’s how IT operations teams benefit by using a command center:
- Single platform to deliver IT operations lifecycle management
- A shared view of IT resources and their availability, health and performance
- Monitor events across heterogeneous and dynamic environments
- Assess the impact of events on business critical IT services
- Proactively communicate with impacted users and across IT teams
- Increase responsiveness and faster time to resolution to realize ROI from IT operations
In coming posts, we'll cover a deep dive on:
- Anatomy of an Enterprise Command Center,
- IT operations lifecycle management capabilities that you need for an effective command center,
- The solution in action